Tuesday, April 29, 2008

More on the Delivery

At about 5:45 AM the "team" was called into the room. Our doctor checked how far down the head was and about 6:00 AM had Teresa push. After the first push the head was out, and after the second push at 6:05 our whole Bethany was out. I cut the cord and then the baby was brought right over to be cleaned up. It took about 20 minutes to check everything (fingers and toes) and then Mommy got her daughter. Eventually Bethany fell asleep and I was able to hold her for a while. We are getting ready to leave for the regular room for the next two days. We simply need to pray that she eats enough and regularly, and that we can get her blood sugars higher (they are very low right now). I've been up since 8:00 AM yesterday, so once I know everything is good with mommy and baby I will zonk out.

8 Comments:

Blogger The Moralist said...

Aw, little baby!!

Congrats to you and Teresa!!!

Bethany Ann is beautiful :)

I just went through my OB clinical rotation so this was like all right up my alley. It helped me study for my final ;)

April 29, 2008 at 8:30 AM  
Blogger The Moralist said...

That was me, picchickolo, AKA Meg, ;)

April 29, 2008 at 8:31 AM  
Blogger Betsy DeGraaf said...

Congratulations!!! Welcome to the world Bethany Ann!

April 29, 2008 at 8:37 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Yay!

April 29, 2008 at 10:05 AM  
Blogger Micah said...

Awesome! Congratulations!

April 29, 2008 at 10:35 AM  
Blogger Laura H. said...

woo

April 29, 2008 at 11:15 AM  
Blogger Cat said...

Congrats!

Prayers that all goes well with Bethany!

April 29, 2008 at 4:40 PM  
Blogger Amy M. said...

YAY GODBABY! :-)

Congratulations you guys! See you in May!

April 29, 2008 at 6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home